Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The best things come in the mail

What a wonderful week it has been! It’s funny that my life has been ruled by the postal service for so long .before my mission i waited for letters from my friend on a mission then I waited for my call now I wait daily for post cards, letters and any type of love in a cardboard box from home  lol. One of the best things that i received this week was a letter from my little brother David in the MTC i was confused at first when I saw that the letter was from Elder D.Meister to Sister D.Meister but then my heart skipped a beat, letter ! It’s a letter from David ! My older sister Sharron in all her infinite wisdom counseled me to write David as much as possible whilst we were both missionary because it would be some of the most uplifting letters that we would ever read from her experience writing to my older brother Shane whilst they both served back in 1998. So this concept got me thinking about building relationships and how my dad had once told me that we needed to build our relationships as adults so that we could relate better and so that he could help me spiritually progress.
we need to communicate in order to build strengthen and maintain family relationships this is especially pertinent with our relationship with our father in heaven .i can only imagine how hard it would be for him each day to see his children suffering and struggling through this life with him just waiting to help if they would only ask .
Praying is just like writing a letter you start with who it’s to
Then you thank him for all you blessings and acknowledge his hand in your life and his influence
Then you talk. I have noticed that with my parents they enjoy it even if i would call just to talk .it s the same with heavenly father
Tell him about you day, asks him how you can improve ?talk about your worries and your friends he really does care but like the scripture says.
 39 For behold, this is my work and my glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal  life of man.
i love this because god doesn’t have anything going on right now this is his full time job to hear us and to love us .
SO DON’T FORGET TO PRAY KIDS BECAUSE HEVENLY FATHER IS WAITING AT HIS MAIL BOX TO HERE FROM YOU !

1 comment: