Tuesday, August 16, 2011

live high ,live mighty ,live righteously

I love music so much but the best songs of all are the ones that I can belt out at the top of my lungs and still feel the fizz of the spirit rush over me. one of  the first song that I ever felt this was not actually a church song it’s called " let the river run" and I learned it in choir with my older sister Heidi when I was 11 .It exclaims come “ The new Jerusalem” when ever I used to sing this I would want to cry and rejoice all at the same time and I have been thinking about that a lot lately probably because as a missionary what I am doing is calling to the new Jerusalem to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and come through the fog of confusion and into the light blue skies of the knowledge of the restored gospel.
 12 For my soul delighteth  in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.

I have come to the realization that music can bring the spirit fast and can take it away with the same hast. It is unfortunate that the adversary misuses the best things in life to lead people away from true and everlasting happiness.
So I guess what I would like you all to think about  next time you are listening to something is it uplifting?
Could I maybe be getting more out of listen to something with a little more depth and substance?
So I promise that if you try and put good music into your life that you will feel the spirit more abundantly and you will feel a greater happiness in your day to day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment