Saturday, June 16, 2012






just thinking a little about my Dad this week ..because its fathers day on sunday ,so i decieded that i would try my hand at a poem . however out of everthing that my dad has ever given me i know that the most sweet and important thing is the gospel of Jesus Christ and the knowledge that i can return to my Heavenly father by applying its healing truths and it's impowering qualities each day in my life.so enjoy !

Many years ago in a multi coloured haze I was sent to you
From one loving father to an earthly field
Another Daughter, your prosperity more than just a few
Bound in his house we were forever sealed .

Long hot afternoons shine as rubies in my mind
Each early morning misty with the smell of diesel fuel
I would watch you labour with your hands both loving and kind.
Until Sunday morning sacrament renewal
Your piercing eyes gaze from the stand
My little hands to still, my little tough to quiet
You took me to his house and his word you taught me well
With love you promised me one day we would go inside
That through His love once again we could with him dwell

1 comment:

  1. Great poem! It was nice to see that you posted again. I hope your mission is going well!! Sure enjoyed meeting you in NY. :)

    ReplyDelete